Tuesday, February 4, 2014

My Passion

If you do not know me, you would still figure out what my favorite thing in the world to do is. 

Singing, playing the violin and piano are my favorite things to do. I have grown up with music my entire life. It has always been a huge part of me. I have sung for as long as I can remember; probably before I could even talk. I started playing the violin when I was in 5th grade. So, going on 9 years now. I just starting playing piano this past semester and I have fallen in love with it. I knew how to play some of the really simple songs and pick out specific notes from a song I was singing in choir. I never thought I would be able to play both hands doing completely different things at the same time. I finally begged my parents enough to get me a pedal for my keyboard at home; that way it would sound closer to a real piano. I have wanted to something involving music as my career for a long time. Being able to go to work every day and do what I love to most is the best feeling in the world. It is what pushes me every day to work hard in school and in everything I do. I want to major as a music therapist. If I cannot do that, then I would like to do something in the health field or music education. I know many of the music programs are very hard to get into; but if you put your heart and soul into it, anything is possible. 

This is the reason that music is my passion. Why it is a part of me. Why it is everything that I want to do in life.

My name is Katy, and music is my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment