Monday, February 10, 2014

People Watching

Sitting here at Cafe 101 on the OTC main campus. Eating the number three: Chicken dippers with macaroni and cheese and mashed potatoes and gravy. I sit here, watching people as they walk by. Coming to and from the cafe. Getting their food; and then sitting down at a table (usually by themselves) or heading to their next class. I have my headphones in. Listening to my favorite Pandora station (Disney). I can't hear anyone around me. They would be able to come right up to me and scare me without even trying. Every once in a while I look up. Glance at the people going by and then go right back to studying for my test. Yes, it is hard to listen to music, eat, study, and write this post all at the same time; but I think I am managing to complete all of the before mentioned tasks. It isn't easy being at school all day long. I get tired of people passing me, not knowing them and having them look at you and awkwardly smile because you do not want to say “hi” to a stranger. I would openly say hi every once in a while just to get the weird reaction since no one says hi to one another; but I prefer to mix it up a bit. Do not get me wrong, I like being alone so I can study. Sometimes you just have to be nice. You never know, you could be making someones day just by smiling and saying hi. Have you made someone smile today?

No comments:

Post a Comment